In the following article, we will point out again some of the advantages of propane-butane and introduce you to eight curious facts about the LPG usage around the world.
Did you know that…
- LPG has been used to fuel the Olympic flame due to its safety, environmental and practical characteristics.
- In India, LPG emits 60% fewer GHGs than electric coil cook tops, 50% fewer emissions than some biomass stoves and 19% fewer GHGs than kerosene stoves.
- An LPG stove can be 8 times more efficient than a charcoal stove commonly found in urban households in many parts of the world.
- Autogas yields 50% less carbon monoxide (CM), 40% less hydrocarbons (HC), 35% less nitrogen oxides (NOx) and 50% less ozone forming potential compared to gasoline.
- Almost 40% of all passenger cars in Turkey run on Autogas, slightly more than run on petrol. This makes Turkey the second biggest Autogas market in the world.
- LPG’s volume is 274 times smaller when in a liquid state.
- LPG also helps to reduce Black Carbon (BC) emissions, which are the second biggest contributor to global warming and which can cause serious health problems.
- In Brazil, LP Gas is the energy of choice for 95% of Brazilian homes; 33 million cylinders are delivered per month, door to door.
It’s never too late to join millions of people around the world who use LPG for heating and fuel. Call us at 0700 20204 to provide you with detailed information on how to do this. Source: SHV Energy