- Self-service of customers is forbidden.
- The presence of sources of ignition in the area of the gas installation, including mobile phones, is prohibited.
- The car shall wait its turn outside the station.
- The approach of the vehicle for filling is organised in a strict order, one by one.
- The approach to the gas pump and the filling must be done in petrol-mode of the engine.
- The auto-vehicle must enter the gas station only with its driver.
- The auto-vehicle must approach the gas pump, the engine must be turned off and the vehicle must be ensured against any random start by turning on the speed and parking brake.
- LPG can be filled only in the event that gas cylinders are in their exploitation life cycle (5 years), marked on them, and their installations are in order and there is tight contact between the pistol and the tank.
- It is forbidden to fill any automobile gas cylinders that are damaged, marked as unfit for exploitation or with expired deadline of the periodic review.
- Unscrew the filler neck of the tank and attach the flexible hose to the gas pump. The shaft is equipped with a pistol to provide a tight connection between the hose and the tank of the vehicle.
- The volume indicator of the tank must be monitored during the filling, in order to prevent over-filling above 80 per cent of its geometric volume.
- The presence of the service-operator during the filling is obligatory.
- After filling the specified quantity of 80 per cent of the volume, the flexible shaft is removed from the tank of the vehicle. The filling pistol is placed in the specially designed gasket socket of the gas pump, and the muffler of the filler neck of the tank is screwed.
- The placement and removal of the flexible shaft from the filling nozzle of the vehicle tank must be done carefully, and the operator must not lean over the tank in the luggage compartment of the automotive vehicle.
- Storage of combustible materials (wood, coal, naphtha, gasoline) in the trunk near the LPG is a potential hazard.
- It is forbidden to smoke and use fire during the filling of the AGS;
- Liquid hydrocarbon tanks shall not be filled with more than 80 per cent of their geometric volume.
- It is not allowed to tighten and unwind joints, nuts of the flexible hoses when they are under pressure, and use any hammer or similar tool when winding and unwinding them.
- After filling the tank, the airtightness of pipe connections and fittings has to be checked with a foaming agent.
- Any attempt to modify or adjust an AGS can be extremely dangerous and can lead to fatal consequences.
INCIDENTS, ACCIDENTS, EMERGENCY SITUATIONS
If you smell garlic odour (from the odorants), push the vehicle to an open area without turning the engine on. Upon escalation of the incident, you are obliged to notify the competent authorities of RSPAB, RIDTN and / or the Police and the Emergency Medical Service. In any case, the direction of the wind is of great importance. The gas cloud spreads in the direction of the wind, hence, during the evacuation, everyone should go in the direction opposite to the wind.
GENERAL PROVISIONS IN EMERGENCY SITUATIONS
Do not approach your garage and vehicle with a cigarette or some fire in your hand. If you feel the specific smell of gas coming from the car in your garage, do not turn on the lights. Turn off the electric power-supply immediately from the main dashboard of your home. Notify the fire brigade and the police. Localise the area from outside, evacuate people from neighboring buildings and premises. If this does not jeopardize safety, and taking into account the available facilities, limit the leakage and try to prevent a possible fire.
PRINCIPLES OF INTERFERENCE IN CASE OF LEAKAGE
If there is a significant leakage, if it is safe and possible under the given circumstances, it has to be wrapped with a wet garment in order to create the effect of the ice-ball. Take care for cold burns. Wearing personal protective equipment is a must. Do not allow the gas cloud to penetrate into channels, ditches, cellars. A water-curtain must be created so as to prevent the spread of the gas cloud. The gas cloud can be directed and easier dispersed using a strong water jet. Stand on the windy side, restrict access to third parties.
GAS EXPOSURE CHECK
In the case of gas leakage, the use of a flame is strictly forbidden.
First aid in case of cold burns:
- Bend the area with plenty of water until the pain disappears;
- Remove the clothes around the injured part carefully;
- Place a clean, dry dressing on top;
- Never use ointments;
- Call for qualified medical care;
- Keep the injured part dry and clean while being treated.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE USE OF CYLINDERS WITH PROPANE-BUTANE TO THE DEPOSIT CERTIFICATE
- How to carry the cylinder
The cylinder should be grasped with both hands for the upper protection ring and not lifted directly by the valve. The cylinder’s weight ranges from 11 to 15 kg for propane-butane of 10 kg, and 19-20 kg for gas of 20 kg. You have to provide and ensure safe transport. It is forbidden to throw, roll, kick and bump the cylinder with other materials, as well as to store the cylinder in horizontal position.
- How to install
Always put the cylinder in a well-ventilated /well-aired and with sufficient flow of air/ places, so as to facilitate full combustion when used. Never place the cylinders in confined spaces. Leave the window slightly open even when you use it for heating. In case of gas leakage, it accumulates in the lowest places on the ground because it is heavier than air and can form explosive mixtures with it. Therefore, never place the cylinder in a basement, stairway to a basement or near ventilation openings on the floor of the room. There is no more than 2 bottles in the room.
- How to install the pressure reducing valve /the valve decreasing the pressure/
Remove the thermo-foil cover manually without using sharp cutting objects. Be careful not to damage the rubber gaskets on the cylinder valve, which ensure good airtightness if they are in good shape and fit. Save the foil and the cap, they might be necessary in case of any complaints.
Connect the gas gauge socket to the regulator gland using a flexible hose clamped by brackets. Set the thumb-button of the regulator in position “closed”, with the red flame mark pointing down. Grip the regulator with both hands, while the fingers raise the lower rubber ring till stopped, place it over the valve, release and firmly press all sides of the ring. The pellets shall lie in the valve passage. In order to test the strength of the assembly, raise the entire composition of the regulator and cylinder not high above the ground, and they must not separate from each other.
When the gas appliance is switched off, i.e. when a hob or appliance is off, turn the thumb-button of the regulator in position “open”, with the red flare mark upwards. Wait a few seconds before switching the hob on to make sure there is no gas leakage out of the hose or regulator, braces, etc. Do not smoke during installation!
- Leakage examination
In case you detect the specific gas odour, immediately close the regulator thumb-button. Remove any sources of ignition and check the room, while do not use any fire, do not switch on electrical appliances, electrical power switches and mobile phones. Check the whole system of bottle, hose, regulator and brackets with soap solution. If you find bubbles, it means there is a gas leakage at that place. Act as described in item 7.
- How to use the cylinder
Use in vertical position with the valve in the top up position. It is forbidden to heat the bottle. When the thumb-button of the regulator is opened, the gas appliance must be switched off. For non-automatic stoves, use a special long lighter to ensure finger safety. Ensure that the gas appliance is away from curtains. Never leave the working gas appliance unattended. Keep away from children. Read the warning phrases on the thermo-foil of the valve.
- Flexible hoses and pressure regulators
Use flexible hoses, certified and marked for compatibility with propane-butane and corresponding pressure. Their length should not exceed 1.5 meters, and they should be equipped with tight-fitting clamps. Check regularly and monitor that they are in good shape and hermetic. It is forbidden to use damaged, broken and non-compliant hose and regulator.
- Emergency situations
If you suspect a gas leakage, close the thumb-button of the regulator immediately and deinstall it, take the cylinder outdoors, and call the nearest gas dealer, your distributor in your city or office of V-Gas Bulgaria EAD tel. 02 8237337 for further instructions.
In the event of a fire, call tel. 112!
If you have a fire extinguisher, use a fire extinguisher as instructed.
Evacuate children and disabled people. Do not approach gas cylinders if they are in a fire.
For additional information: